- Southern Hospitality Dinner Series – The Southern Hospitality Dinner Series brings folks together to enjoy themed dinners in the homes of some of Blount County’s finest residents. Host volunteers will provide an evening of food, drink and fellowship and promote the ethnic culinary diversity of Blount County!
- Gift Wrapping – Each December, volunteers help wrap gifts at our booth in Foothills Mall. All donations raised help Blount County Habitat for Humanity build more homes in conjunction with hard working partner families right here in our community!
- NAPA “Know How” Autofest – As part of Maryville’s Summer on Broadway activities, the NAPA “Know How” Autofest car show benefitting Blount County Habitat for Humanity is a fun event for the whole family! The fourth annual Autofest will be held June 23-24, 2017. Keep checking our website and Facebook page for more details as they develop!
- Homes “FORE” Humanity Golf Outing –The annual Homes FORE Humanity Golf Outing is a fantastic way to support Blount County Habitat for Humanity! Get involved by putting together a team, becoming a hole sponsor, or donating a gift or prize. This year’s tournament will be held on October 19th, 2017!
- Family Promise and Leadership Blount 25th Anniversary Legacy Project –Blount County Habitat for Humanity is proud to partner with Family Promise and the Leadership Blount 25th Anniversary legacy project. The four unit apartment building is being gutted and rehabbed to be used for transitional housing. Upon completion it will bridge emergency shelter for the homeless to homeownership. As families move into the transitional housing units they will begin the application process for a Habitat home. Future repairs on the units will be addressed through Habitat’s housing repair program and the Blount County Housing Repair Collaborative.
- Little River Trading Company’s “Pints for a Purpose” –Each August, Little River Trading Company partners with Blount County Habitat for Humanity to support our mission through their Pints for a Purpose event. Check the Facebook pages of both Little River Trading Company or Blount County Habitat for Humanity for updates and activities!
After volunteers contribute hundreds of hours of labor, new homeowners complete financial education courses, and businesses and individuals donate generously to the cause, Blount County Habitat celebrates the collaboration. Home dedications take place at each of the completed new homes in order to publically present the new homeowners with their keys and to thank volunteers, donors, elected officials, friends, and family.
Hard Hat Tours
These recurrent community events give businesses, individuals and church groups the opportunity to learn about Blount County Habitat by touring new homes still under-construction. Tour guides showcase all programs and opportunities to get involved at Blount County Habitat for Humanity.
Women Build brings together women from all walks of life to address the housing crisis facing so many women and children in our community. We are currently looking for individuals, churches and businesses to help sponsor the project for 2017, as well as volunteers to help build.
For more information on our Women Build projects and our Women Build Luncheon, visit our Women Build page here!
Contact Vanessa Sparks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (865) 233-9102 for more information on how you, your group or business can get involved.
Click here to visit our Special Events calendar and to register for participation!
If you are interested in learning more about special events with Blount County Habitat for Humanity, please contact Kathy Jackson at email@example.com or at (865) 233-9100.
“It may take love to make a family, but it takes plenty of faith and community support to build a house for that family to live in.”